Thursday, September 07, 2006

one more thought... primitive...

I know this is a little late, but the word primitive is still in my head. Not in any means did I mean to bash the earlier cajun music. I simply used the word primitive because when I think about primitive I think about simpler times with simpler solutions etc. etc. I dont think the word primitive is like the scene from Space Oddessy 2001 where the apes go crazy banging the sticks around. being primitive is like having raw emotion. And actually i am the biggest fan of Dashboard Confessional, which is probably considered very primitive.

You cannot deny the fact though that the music did indeed change. Maybe the change was not what you as a listener wanted, but you cannot be oblivious to the fact that it did change. I dont think it neccesarily means that the newer music is better

Does it matter that the cajun music has changed over the years? I dont really know.. I just made a simple observation.. do what u wish...

No comments: